-->

Friday, August 21, 2009

Plasma Ephemera




I donated plasma yesterday and collected some things.
I collected a pint of recycled blood that had been phlebotomized.
A picture of central Baghdad.
A tecate bottle cap.
An AIDS informational resource page.
A phone number of a guy who plays in a band called Ancient River.
A few tapes of new recordings done in my house.
A flyer that my roommate made.
Some transparencies for a flyer that I'm going to screen print.
A small yellow ball.


Andy warhol collected over 600 boxes of ephemera between the 1950s and 1970s.
He sent all the boxes to a non-descript storage facility somewhere in New Jersey.
He called the boxes of junk, art, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc.: "time capsules".
They have just been discovered and are being turned into exhibits around the world.

I think we all collect things. It doesn't really make sense to me yet because most of it is meaningless stuff. I think mostly because everything sucks everywhere, we feel the need to live around the things that we create. At the beginning and end of our days, our last and best resources are our own efforts to create what we imagine.

you can look at the stuff from Time Capsule 21 right now here http://www.warhol.org/tc21/

No comments:

Post a Comment